Rev. Monsignor Giuseppe De Andrea was born on 20 April 1930 to
Antonietta Marchetti and Antonio De Andrea in Rivarolo Canavese, Torino, Italy.
He was ordained a priest of the Catholic Church on 21 June 1953.
The monsignor holds degrees in Theology (S.T.L.) from the Pontifical Gregorian
University in Rome, Italy, and in Pedagogy (M.A.) from the Catholic
University of America in Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
- From 1956 to 1958 he was a member of the faculty of Nkubu
Secondary School, Meru, Central Province. Kenya.
- From 1958 to 1981 he served in the Diocese of Greensburg,
Pennsylvania, U.S.A., in various pastoral, educational and
- From 1961 to 1964 he was professor of theology at Seton Hill College,
and from 1964 to 1967 he served as headmaster at St. Joseph Hall Preparatory School in
- From 1983 to 1994 he served as Attaché at the Permanent Observer
Mission of the Holy See to the United Nations in New York, U.S.A.
- From 1994 to 1999 he held at the Vatican the post of
Under-Secretary of the Pontifical Council for the Pastoral Care of Migrants
and Itinerant People.
- His Holiness Pope John Paul II has conferred on the monsignor - the honours
of Chaplain to His Holiness (1985), Prelate of Honour of His Holiness (1990),
Canon of the Basilica of St. Peter in Rome and Apostolic Protonotary (1999),
with the title of Reverend Monsignor.
- On 13 December 1999 His Holiness Pope John Paul II appointed
him "Chargé d'Affaires with Letters" of the Apostolic Nunciatures in Kuwait,
Yemen and Bahrain, and of the Apostolic Delegation of the Arabian Peninsula.
- On 18 January 2000 he arrived in Kuwait to assume his duties.
- On 28 June 2001, His Holiness Pope John Paul II appointed Rev. Monsignor
Giuseppe De Andrea as Apostolic Nuncio to Kuwait, Yemen and Bahrain,
and Apostolic Delegate for the Arabian Peninsula, raising him at the
same time to the episcopacy as Titular Archbishop of Anzio.
- On 20 September 2001, His Eminence Angelo Cardinal Sodano, Secretary of
State of His Holiness Pope John Paul II conferred Episcopal Ordination to Monsignor
Giuseppe De Andrea in the Patriarchal Basilica of Saint Peter in the Vatican.
- On 29 November 2003, His Grace Archbishop De Andrea was appointed
as Apostolic Nuncio to Qatar.
- On 27 August 2005, His Grace Archbishop De Andrea retired from office and was succeeded by H.G. Archbishop Paul-Mounged El-Hachem of the Maronite Eparchy of Baalbek-Deir El-Ahmar.
==[ Please note that this page is no longer being updated ]==
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR CURRENT INFORMATION
ABOUT H.G. ARCHBISHOP GIUSEPPE DE ANDREA