Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 18 January
1. We wish you a happy feast of Our Lady of Arabia, the patroness of our vicariate. Let us continue to pray for our Bishop Camillo and his intentions.
2. A symposium will be held on Friday, 18 January for the catechists, hence the catechism class will not be held on the day except for Class 10 who will appear for a class test from 8 to 9.20 am.
3. KNST is organizing a Spiritual Enrichment Program, animated by Br. Cyril John, with Praise & Worship on Saturday, 19 January from 1.00 to 5.00 pm in our church.
4. The Saturday children's oratory program will be held on Saturday, 19 January from 9.30 to 11.30 am. Children are requested to carry with them coloring material; parents kindly encourage your children to attend the Saturday oratory program.
5. Altar servers will meet on Saturday, 19 January from 9.30 to 11.30 am in the courtyard.
6. The second orientation session for confirmation students, along with their parents, will be held on Tuesday, 22 January from 7.15 to 8.30 pm. Attendance is mandatory.
7. All those who have submitted the application form for the Papal Visit are assured of an entry coupon which will be available by Friday, 25 January in the parish office.
8. The Feast of Santo Nino will be celebrated on Friday, 25 January from 12 noon to 4.00 pm.
9. There will be Praise & Worship in Hindi on Saturday, 26 January at 3:30 pm followed by Holy Mass in Hindi at 4.00 pm.
10. The parish council members and their respective core team members are invited for a formative session on Monday, 28 January from 7.15 am to 9.15 pm in the courtyard.
11. Kindly note that the pre-baptismal seminar will not be conducted in February.
12. Fr. Phillip Parkkatt, a Salesian from Bangalore, who will be with us from 15 January to 11 February, will be available for confessions daily from 10 am to 12 noon and 5.30 to 6.30 pm except on Fridays.
13. The online Bible Quiz conducted by our Parish concluded on 31 December 2018. The names of the top 50 participants will be posted on the notice board and will be presented a Certificate of Appreciation during the Finale Mega Quiz on Friday, 1 February IEAS.
14. A Mega Musical Concert led by Masterplan (A Dubai based Jesus Youth band performing at World Youth Days) will be conducted on Friday, 8 February at Ardiya, near Al Jaber Stadium. This Gospel Musical extravaganza is open to all communities. Please contact our volunteers who will available after the mass for further details and purchase your tickets at the earliest as the tickets are limited.
15. On 30 March 2019, our beloved Bishop Camillo Ballin will be celebrating the golden jubilee of his priestly ordination. On this momentous occasion, our Kuwait Parishes will be releasing a souvenir. We appeal to all the groups, associations and parishioners of the Vicariate to offer their wishes to the bishop, through sponsorship in the souvenir.
Please check the notice-board and the Parish App for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm or by appointment. The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
4. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.
5. On Fridays from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon the Hospital Visitation members are available to visit the sick at the hospitals & homes to pray with them and comfort them. Holy Communion will be given to the sick upon request.