Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 12 July
1. We welcome Fr. Dominic Sequeira to our parish.
2. We invoke the blessing of God on Fr. McEnroe who will leave for India on Thursday, 18 July. We thank him for conducting the vocation camp and offering pastoral help to the parish.
3. Fr. Dominic Sequeira will be installed, as the parish priest of our parish, on Friday, 19 July at the 6.30 pm Holy Mass.
4. The Theresian Summer Club is conducted in our church on Saturdays, from 9:15 am to 12:30 pm, for children aged 4 – 18 years. Generous contribution towards the Summer Club in cash or kind will be highly appreciated.
5. The 11.30 am mass is cancelled for the months of June, July and August.
6. The Liturgical Ministry Commission will be conducting a ‘Lectors Training Course’ for those desiring to be Lectors for Holy Masses in our parish, as well as for those who missed the sessions of the course held in 2017. This Course consists of 2 Training Sessions to be held on Thursday, 29 August 2019 and 5 September 2019 from 7.15 pm to 8.45 pm. Parishioners, 19 years and above, are eligible to register. Kindly register your names in the file kept on the table near the Mass Intentions Box in the courtyard. PLEASE NOTE THAT PARTICIPANTS NEED TO ATTEND BOTH THE SESSIONS TO QUALIFY AS LECTORS. The last date for Registration is 25 August 2019.
7. Girls, who have received the Holy Communion and would like to join the Ministry for girls, are requested to collect the forms kept next to the mass intention box, fill the form and drop them in the box named “Ministry for Girls” kept next to the Mass intention box.
8. In line with CHARIS, the new initiative of Pope Francis to usher in a new Pentecost for the Church and the world and to create deeper unity, the bishops of both Arabian Vicariates have decided to organize the ‘Gulf Unity Conference’ in Kuwait from Nov 8 - 10, 2019. Anointed Preachers will animate Adults, Youth and Teenagers separately. All the faithful are encouraged to attend and be enriched spiritually in order to build the Church. Kindly help with your prayers, time and talent and needed support.
Please check the notice-board and the Parish App for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm or by appointment. The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
4. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.
5. On Fridays from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon the Hospital Visitation members are available to visit the sick at the hospitals & homes to pray with them and comfort them. Holy Communion will be given to the sick upon request.