Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 22 September
1. On Thursday, 21 September we celebrate the Feast of St. Matthew the Apostle.
2. On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Malayalam Charismatic Prayer Groups, a charismatic convention will be held at the Cathedral on 21, 22 & 23 September with Bishop Varghese Chackelackal and Fr. Varghese Mundackel as the main speakers.
3. Parents are encouraged to send their children for the Faith formation activities and games to be held during the Saturday Oratory program on 23 September from 9.30 to 11.30 am. Kindly bring coloring materials for the same.
4. Parishioners who are participating in the Salmiya Talent Hunt are requested to submit the forms at Fr Lionel's office, IEAS, from 6 to 9 pm on Saturday, 23 September. The agenda and slots will be assigned to each participant.
5. The Novena to St. Therese of the child Jesus, the patroness of our parish, commenced on Wednesday, 20 September. On Saturday, 23 September we will not recite the novena prayer to Our Lady of Perpetual Succor.
6. All are invited for a Holy Mass in Hindi on Saturday, 23 September 2017 at 4:15 pm.
7. A recollection will be preached by Fr. Franco for all those involved in the various ministries in our parish on 23 September from 8 am to 2 pm at IEAS. You may register your names with your coordinators.
8. Students preparing to receive the sacrament of Confirmation, along with their parents, are invited for a meeting on Tuesday, 26 September from 7.15 – 8.30 pm in the church.
9. On Thursday, 28 September we celebrate the memorial of St. Lorenzo Ruiz.
10. We will celebrate the feast of St. Therese of the child Jesus, the patroness of our parish, on Friday, 29 September. On this festive occasion, the Faith & Light community for person with special needs, their family and friends, will be pining flowers to raise funds for the community. Your generous contribution is appreciated. As a part of the celebrations of the Feast, a multi-lingual Rosary is scheduled at 6:00 pm on Friday, 29 September.
11. The Filipino community will celebrate the Feast of San Lorenzo Ruiz on Friday, 29 September from 10 am to 4 pm with tianggehan and food festival in the courtyard.
12. We thank Fr. Edison Fernandes for his availability for counselling. We assure him of our prayers and wish him a safe journey as he leaves on Sunday, 24 September.
13. Inviting all Lectors and those desiring to proclaim the Word at Holy Masses for training on 16 and 23 November and 14 December from 7.15 to 8.45 pm. Those 19 years and above are encouraged to register. Existing Lectors are required to attend to continue in service. A Registration Sheet has been placed in the Courtyard. Last date for registration is October 31.
14. Kindly collect a copy of the pastoral letter of our Bishop from the ushers.
15. Parishioners are requested to avoid blocking vehicles while parking their own, near the church. However, it is advisable to park your vehicle far away, and walk to the church.
Please check the notice-board for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm or by appointment. The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
4. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.
5. On Fridays from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon the Hospital Visitation members are available to visit the sick at the hospitals & homes to pray with them and comfort them. Holy Communion will be given to the sick upon request.