Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 18 May
1. Annual Pentecost Vigil will be held on Thursday, 17 May from 10.00 pm to 18 May at 6.15 am in Our Lady of Arabia Church, Ahmadi. Fr. Nilushan Fernando OMI, a well-known preacher from Sri Lanka will animate the Vigil and share the Word of God on the theme: "To Abide in the Spirit of Truth". For the transportation, contact Charismatic prayer group leaders.
2. Parishioners are invited for the Bible Mega Quiz held for the catechism students on Fridays, 18 & 25 May from 8 am to 1 pm at IEAS New Basement.
3. The Saturday oratory program will be held tomorrow, Saturday, 19 May, from 9:30 till 11:30 am. Children are requested to bring coloring material.
4. Altar Servers will meet tomorrow, Saturday, 19 May, from 9.30 to 11.30 am.
5. The last date to submit the registration forms for the new altar servers is 20 May. The new altar servers will meet on Saturday, 26 May from 8 to 9 am.
6. The God’s Love Community will be Conducting “The Life in the Spirit Seminar” till 31 May from 7.15 pm to 8.30 pm. All are invited.
7. We celebrate the Feast of Mary Help of Christians on Thursday, 24 May.
8. To promote Marian Devotion in our Parish, the Legion of Mary has organized a pilgrimage of the Statue of our Lady during the month of May. We encourage you to take the statue on a pilgrimage to your building and recite the rosary together as a united, community family. Please register your names in the book placed near the mass intention box.
9. The Filipino community celebrates the Santa Cruzan Feast on Friday, 25 May during the Tagalog mass at 1 pm.
10. The last date for catechism class is 25 May. Catechism classes will resume on 7 September.
11. Admission of Catechism Class 1 will close on Friday, 25 May. Parents can download the admission form from the Parish Website: www.salmiyachurch.com, fill and submit it along with a photocopy of the Baptism Certificate on any Fridays at the IEAS Fee Counter between 8:15 and 9:30 am.
12. Praise and Worship will be organized in Hindi on Saturday, 26 May at 3.30 pm followed by the Holy Mass at 4 pm.
13. Salmiya Parish Youth cordially invites, all youth in Kuwait, aged 17 and above, for 'Youth Thrill', on Thursday, 7 June at 7 pm at IEAS, Salmiya. This will be an overnight youth centered, fun filled and interactive enrichment program. For further details and registrations, please contact the numbers available on the flyer posted on the notice board.
14. The 11.30 am mass is cancelled during the months of June, July and August.
Please check the notice-board and the Parish App for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm or by appointment. The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
4. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.
5. On Fridays from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon the Hospital Visitation members are available to visit the sick at the hospitals & homes to pray with them and comfort them. Holy Communion will be given to the sick upon request.