Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 20 September
1. On Saturday, 21 September, we celebrate the Feast of St. Matthew the Apostle.
2. The Saturday oratory program will be held on Saturday, 21 September, from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Children are requested to bring coloring material with them.
3. Altar servers will meet on Saturday, 21 September, from 9:30 to 11:30 am in the courtyard.
4. The 1st orientation session for parents and children of the Sacrament of Confirmation class will be held on Tuesday, 24th September at 7.15pm. Attendance is mandatory.
5. The novena to St. Therese of the Child Jesus begins on Wednesday, 25 September. On Saturday, 28 September we will not recite the novena prayer to our Lady of Perpetual Succor. The festive liturgy of St. Therese will be celebrated on Friday, 04 October for all the Masses.
6. Induction of the girls in the girl’s ministry will be held during the Holy Mass on Thursday, 26 September at 6:30 pm followed by fellowship. Girls, who already belong to the ministry, will renew their commitment.
7. The feast of St. Lawrence Ruiz will be celebrated on Friday, 27 September during the Tagalog mass. For more details take a look at the notice board.
8. There will be “Praise and Worship” in Hindi on Saturday, 28th of September at 3:30pm followed by Holy Mass in Hindi at 4.00pm.
9. Inviting every family in the Parish to kindly collect a copy of the Pastoral letter of our Bishop from the ushers.
10. The Small Christian Community would like to thank all the parishioners for their generosity in providing food articles and toiletries which were distributed to the needy families of our parish and domestic help. In total 190 hampers were distributed. For details kindly see the notice board.
11. Your financial support is requested in the form of donations for Maranatha classes held in our Church. These classes are only for children with special needs. We need this financial support in order to pay the teachers who take care of these children. Donations can be dropped into the Maranatha box kept in the Courtyard.
Please check the notice-board and the Parish App for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm or by appointment. The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
4. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.
5. On Fridays from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon the Hospital Visitation members are available to visit the sick at the hospitals & homes to pray with them and comfort them. Holy Communion will be given to the sick upon request.