Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 23 March
1. The Saturday oratory program will be held tomorrow, 24 March from 9:30 till 11:30 am. Children are requested to carry with them coloring material.
2. Liturgy of Palm Sunday will be celebrated in Hindi tomorrow, 24 March at 4 pm.
3. Liturgy of Palm Sunday will be celebrated in Malayalam (Syro Malabar) tomorrow, 24 March at 7:45pm.
4. The Last date for registration for the Easter House blessing is 22 March.
5. The Holy Week schedule is available on Avona website, Salmiya Parish app and on the Notice Board.
6. A solicitation drive is going on till 23 March to help thousands of distressed Filipino workers currently sheltered at the Philippine Embassy. Collection Boxes (for clothing, canned goods, toiletries, etc) will be placed in the courtyard, to be delivered to the wards while waiting for their travel papers. For more details, please check the notice board.
7. All are invited for the Chrism mass on Tuesday, 27 March at 6:30pm in Holy Family Cathedral. For this reason, there will be no evening mass in our church.
8. 30 March is Good Friday – A day of fasting and abstinence. All are invited to participate in the Good Friday, three hour meditation, from 12 noon to 3pm at the IEAS basement.
9. Easter Sunday Mass in Hindi will be celebrated on 1 April at 7:30pm at Dana Hall.
10. You are requested to park your vehicles away from the church so as to avoid traffic congestion during the Holy Week. Kindly cooperate with the instructions of the Ushers.
11. The box for the poor is kept near the tabernacle for your Lenten offerings.
12. The Extraordinary Ministers will organize an Outreach titled “Living with the Joy and Hope of Easter” for the home-bound parishioners and for parishioners aged 70 and above. The program begins with the Holy Mass at 6.30 pm on Thursday, 5 April 2018 followed with a fellowship in the Courtyard. Transport is arranged. Please register at the Parish Office by Easter Sunday.
13. “Nurses Great Call 2018” program in Malayalam, will be conducted by Fr. Gilto CMI and Dr. John, at the Holy Family Cathedral on 7 April.
14. The pre-baptismal seminar will be conducted on Monday, 9 April from 7:30 – 9:00pm. Kindly register your names in the Parish office by 5 April.
SPECIAL NOTICES FOR THE SEASON OF LENT
1. During the season of Lent, we will recite the Way of the Cross daily, before the Holy Mass, except on Saturdays.
2. The Lenten contribution box for the poor is kept in the church near the tabernacle.
Please check the notice-board and the Parish App for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm or by appointment. The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
4. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.
5. On Fridays from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon the Hospital Visitation members are available to visit the sick at the hospitals & homes to pray with them and comfort them. Holy Communion will be given to the sick upon request.