Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 15 March
1. The Saturday children's oratory will be held on Saturday, 16 March from 9.30 am to 11.30 am.
2. All altar servers are invited for the retreat from 8.00 am to 1.00 pm.
3. Lenten talks will be conducted after the 1.00 pm Tagalog mass in our church on 15, 22 & 29 March.
4. We celebrate the solemnity of St. Joseph on Tuesday, 19 March.
5. Fr. Ben celebrates his birthday on Tuesday, 19 March. All are invited for the concelebrated Holy Mass at 6.30 pm followed by felicitation in the courtyard.
6. Our Bishop celebrates his Golden Jubilee on Saturday, 30 March. All are invited for the 6.00 pm Holy Mass at Holy Family Cathedral, to join the bishop, as he thanks the Lord for the gift of priesthood. Kindly note that we will not have the Holy Mass in the evening in our parish on 30 March.
7. SPY is organizing a journey through the Holy Week - YOUTH PASCH on Thursday, 11 April from 8 pm to 5 am at IEAS for youth aged 16 - 35 who are looking for a deep spiritual experience. Kindly contact the numbers available on the flyer for registrations and further details.
8. House blessings begin on Monday, 29 April. Easter house blessing form is available on the parish app under the parish group section. Kindly coordinate with all the families in your building, fill in the form that is available on the parish app, and submit it online only. Registrations will not be accepted after Monday, 8 April.
9. We welcome Fr. James, a Salesian from Delhi province, who has come to offer Pastoral help during Lent. Fr. James will be available for confessions daily from 9.30 to 11.30 am and 5.30 to 7 pm except on Fridays.
10. The last date of admission for Catechism Class 1 is 19 April 2019. Children who will be promoted to Class 1 in April or 6 years before 31 August 2019 are eligible. Parents can download the admission form from the Parish Website www.salmiyachurch.com, fill and submit it along with a photocopy of the Baptism Certificate on any Fridays at the IEAS Fee Counter between 8:15 and 9:30 am only.
SPECIAL NOTICES FOR LENT:
1. During the Holy Season of Lent, we will have the Way of the Cross daily before the mass, except on Saturdays.
2. Abstinence is prescribed as a general rule for every Friday in Lent, applicable to the age of 14 onwards. But for particular circumstances in our vicariate, abstinence is to be observed on the Wednesday of Lent. Out of devotion, abstinence may be observed every Wednesday during the year.
3. The Lenten contribution box for the poor is kept in the church near the tabernacle.
4. The English Lenten Retreat will be conducted from 25 to 27 March from 6 to 9 pm.
5. Confessions in English will be on Thursday, 28 March from 5.30 to 8 pm.
Please check the notice-board and the Parish App for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm or by appointment. The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
4. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.
5. On Fridays from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon the Hospital Visitation members are available to visit the sick at the hospitals & homes to pray with them and comfort them. Holy Communion will be given to the sick upon request.