Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 17 May
1. We thank the Lord for 110 children who are receiving First Holy Communion on Friday, 17 May and we pray for them and their families. The First Communion Holy mass will be at 8.00 am; hence the Mass at 10 am Mass is cancelled.
2. SPY is commemorating our devotion to Mary with 'Marian Knight 2019' on Friday, 17 May at 6 p.m in the IEAS new basement. This evening of fun filled trivia, activities and brain teasers is based on our Blessed Mother.
3. The Saturday children's oratory program will be held on Saturday, 18 May from 9:30 am till 11:45am. Children are requested to carry with them coloring material and parents are requested to encourage their children to attend the oratory programme.
4. Altar servers will meet on Saturday, 18 May from 9:30 - 11:30 am in the courtyard. Attendance is compulsory. Those unable to attend for genuine reason are requested to inform the main coordinator. We are grateful to all the generous donors who sponsored in cash and in kind for the altar servers picnic.
5. The 6.30 pm Holy Mass will be celebrated in the courtyard from Monday, 20 May to Thursday, 23 May.
6. 117 youngsters will be conferred with the Sacrament of Confirmation on Friday, 24 May during the 8 am Holy Mass. Kindly note that the 10 am Holy Mass is cancelled.
7. There will be Praise & Worship in Hindi on Saturday, 25 May at 3.30 pm, followed by Holy Mass in Hindi at 4.00 pm.
8. Jesus Youth English Music Ministry invites all parishioners especially the Youth for "Cross Connection", a Musical Evening with songs, dance, praise and worship on Thursday, 30 May in the Holy Family Hall, Cathedral from 7.15 to 9.30 pm.
9. Admission for Catechism Class 1 will close on Friday, 31st May. Parents can download the admission form from the Parish Website www.salmiyachurch.com, fill and submit it along with a photocopy of the Baptism Certificate on any Friday at the IEAS Fee Counter between 8:15 and 9:30 am.
10. Jesus Youth is organizing a spiritual banquet - ‘CHRISTYLE’ for teens on Wednesday, 5 June from 8 am to 6 pm at Carmel school. For Transport and registration details have a look at the notice board.
11. This year we have 352 buildings and 1129 families to be blessed. Since the number is very high the blessings will continue till the month of July. Emails are being dispatched to all the coordinators with regards to the date of the blessings. If a coordinator does not receive intimation by Tuesday, 21 May kindly mail the parish office.
12. The 11.30 am mass is cancelled for the months of June, July and August.
13. Our parish priest has been transferred to Don Bosco, Lonavla near Mumbai and Fr. Dominic Sequeira has been appointed as the parish priest of our parish. Upon the arrival of Fr. Dominic to our parish, Fr. Blany will leave to take the new assignment.
Please check the notice-board and the Parish App for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm or by appointment. The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
4. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.
5. On Fridays from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon the Hospital Visitation members are available to visit the sick at the hospitals & homes to pray with them and comfort them. Holy Communion will be given to the sick upon request.