Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 24 February
1. On Thursday, 23 February God’s Love Community has organized a special anointing at 5.45 pm and thereafter a Holy Mass will be celebrated at 6.30 pm for children appearing for their Board exams.
2. Jesus Youth, an international Catholic Youth Movement invites all the Youth of Kuwait for a special gathering with a well-known youth motivational speaker, the international coordinator Mr. CC Joseph on Friday, 24 February from 4:45 pm to 8pm at Dana hall. More details on the noticeboard.
3. Let us pray for the citizens of Kuwait and for the royal family as Kuwait celebrates its 56th National day on 25 February and the 26th liberation day on 26 February.
4. KNST is organizing a Recollection on Saturday, 25 February from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm in our parish. This includes - Praise and Worship and a talk on Holy Spirit - God's Gift to us.
5. Children are requested to get coloring material for Saturday’s oratory program.
6. All are invited for the Holy Hour Adoration to be held in Hindi on Saturday, 25 February at 4.15 pm.
7. Konkani movies will be screened at the American International School on 25 & 26 February. Tickets for the same are available at the parish office during the office hours only.
8. We welcome Fr. Sabu Cyriac, a Salesian priest from India, to our parish. Fr. Sabu will be available for confessions and spiritual counseling from 9 am to 12 noon and 5.30 pm to 7 pm daily, except Fridays. His phone number is displayed on the notice board.
9. The Syro-Malabar community will begin Lent from Monday, 27 February with a Holy Mass at 7.45 pm.
10. Ash Wednesday, which falls on 1 March, is a day of Fasting and Abstinence. Mass timings are as follows:
Morning Masses: 5.45 am & 6.45 am in English
4.30 pm in Konkani
5.30 pm, 7.30 pm & 8.30 pm in English
6.30 pm In Malayalam
9.30 pm In Tagalog
11. The Way of the Cross will be recited before all the Holy Masses. However, on Saturdays, the rosary will be recited in place of the Way of the Cross.
12. Palms from last year’s Palm Sunday may be dropped in a container, kept in the courtyard, to be burned to make the ashes for Ash Wednesday.
13. Married Couples are invited for a Christian Life Program conducted by Couples for Christ beginning on 3 March in our parish.
14. A Marriage preparation course in English will be held on 10 & 17 March at the Holy Family Cathedral. Kindly collect the registration forms for the same from the parish office. All those desiring to marry in 2017 are requested to register for the same, at the earliest, at the parish office.
15. The Marriage Preparation Course in Malayalam will be held on 10, 11 & 18 March at Dana.
16. To celebrate the Marian Year, the families residing in each building are invited to come together to pray the Rosary. Individuals who are part of the ministry in the church are requested to take the initiative.
17. Admissions for Catechism Class 1 in Syro-Malabar and Latin rite are now open. Admission form is available online. Kindly download the form, fill and submit it along with a photocopy of the baptism certificate on any Friday at the IEAS Fee Counter between 8 and 9 am only. The last date for submission is 28 April.
18. The First Holy Communion for the Syro-Malabar children will be on Friday, 5 May and for the Latin rite on Friday, 12 May 2017.
19. The Sacrament of Confirmation will be conferred on Friday, 5 May 2017.
20. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
Please check the notice-board for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
8:30 am to 11:30 am and 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm or by appointment.
The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.