Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 24 March
1. We welcome Fr. Joseph Thankachan, a Salesian priest and a professional counsellor, to our parish. Fr Joseph is available for counselling. His contact number is displayed on the notice board.
2. Children are requested to bring coloring materials and glue for Saturday’s (25 March) oratory program.
3. The Lenten Retreat Dates are as follows:
Konkani Retreat Dates: 27, 28 & 29 March from 6 to 9 pm.
Malayalam Retreat Dates: 3, 4 & 5 April from 5.30 to 9.30 pm.
KINDLY NOTE: During the retreat days, the evening Holy Mass will be celebrated ONLY in the language in which the retreat is preached. We will not have the evening Holy Mass in English in the courtyard during these days.
4. SPY is organizing a journey through the Holy Week - YOUTH PASCH on Thursday, 6 April from 8 pm - 5 am at IEAS for youth aged 16 - 35. Kindly register your names at the earliest with a SPY representative in the courtyard after the Mass.
5. For Easter Family Blessings, kindly coordinate with all the families in your building and register as a group, at the parish office by Thursday, 6 April. Kindly enter your house PACI number in the form. REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 6 APRIL.
6. We request all the faithful to put the Mass intentions in a box kept for the same in the courtyard at least 5 days prior.
7. All those who desire to marry in 2017 are requested to contact the parish office at the earliest.
8. Catechesis, for 12 years and above, is held every Monday and Wednesday at 7.15 pm in the Padre Pio Hall, in the Holy Family Cathedral.
9. Admissions for Catechism Class 1 in Syro-Malabar and Latin rite are now open. Admission form is available online. Kindly download the form, fill and submit it along with a photocopy of the baptism certificate on any Friday at the IEAS Fee Counter between 8 and 9 am only. The last date for submission is 28 April.
10. The First Holy Communion for the Syro-Malabar children will be on Friday, 5 May and for the Latin rite on Friday, 12 May 2017.
11. The Sacrament of Confirmation will be conferred on Friday, 5 May 2017.
NOTICES FOR THE LENTEN SEASON
1. The Way of the Cross will be recited before all the Holy Masses. However, on Saturdays, the Rosary will be recited in place of the Way of the Cross.
2. Fr. Sabu Cyriac is available for confessions and counselling from 9 am to 12 noon and 5.30 pm to 7 pm daily, except Fridays. His phone number is displayed on the notice board.
Please check the notice-board for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
8:30 am to 11:30 am and 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm or by appointment.
The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
4. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.